Saturday, July 16, 2011

Civil War -or- The Struggle To Destroy The Monster Within

Hey y'all, how's it going?  Good?  Good.  It's going pretty well for me, too.  Except that I am super tired of being fat.  So, I'm going to try a little experiment, and if the 10 of you who actually read this thing want to help me, I'd be more than grateful.  I'm going to make a pledge to work out at least four times a week, along with taking more care in what I eat.  Read more after the jump.


Honestly, I have a hard time staying motivated.  Even when I see results, my little lazy monster on the inside kicks in and says "No, Mo, you've got all day to work out.  You can totally stumble about on the interwebs for a bit.  It'll be okay...."  So, I do.  Next thing you know, it's four hours later, and that little lazy bitch inside is off snickering in a corner about how easily that battle was won.  This process repeats itself continuously, and the lazy gets stronger every time.
I've had enough.  As of today, I am waging full on civil war with myself.  My new goal is to lose 50 pounds by the end of the year.  In the interests of full disclosure, I shall post my weight and measurements at regular intervals.  I will need encouragement, so please, feel free to offer as much as you can spare.
Also, I must give thanks to my friend Kristin Simpson at Mommy in the Mirror for the inspiration for this exercise.  Hopefully her courage and successful weight loss endeavor will continue to inspire me as I face this bulge head on.

Starting stats:
Weight-241.6 lbs
Arms  -15.5"
Bust    -44.75"
Waist  -40.5"
Hips    -48"
Thighs -27"

This is terribly embarrassing to see in numbers.  My thighs are as big as my little sister's waist.  This has to end!  Wish me luck.
Thanks,
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment